Calvin Wiese, President and Member of the Board of Directors
Calvin Wiese has a proven track record of serially solving large, complex problems that have chronically defied solution, as well as monetizing those solutions to realize outsize returns for investors. His accomplishments span more than 30 years of healthcare senior executive experience.
- CFO of multi-billion dollar hospital system (10 years) – career showcased in the June 1999 cover story of “Healthcare Finance” where Standard & Poors says “impressed with the knowledge of Calvin and his staff…they are just a lot more sophisticated than most…hospital systems.”
- Auditor with Ernst & Whinney, where CPA was earned.
- MBA from Crummer School of Business at Rollins College.
- Consultant with national consulting firm.
- Invented unique form of hospital M&A that quickly swept the industry until halted by a new Medicare rule.
- Founder and CEO of Healthmagic, one of the early ventures pioneering personal health records.
- Co-founder of MED-AI, a venture that developed advanced forms of artificial intelligence for the analysis of medical claims data.
- Lead primary investment in drkoop.com.
- Collaborated with Mayo Clinic in managing $25 million venture capital pool and mentoring start-up ventures.
Mario Torres, Chief Operating Officer
Mario Torres leads the operations. Mr. Torres has rich experience with leading complex projects and operations.
- Senior Program Manager for Hospitals Construction & Activation for the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Senior Consultant for PricewaterhouseCoopers.
- Retired NCO for the U.S. Army during the Kosovo Liberation Campaign, Operation Enduring & Iraqi Freedom.
- Masters in Business Administration Bachelors in Accounting.
Bruce Boyer, Chairman of the Board of Directors
Bruce Boyer is a serial entrepreneur with extensive experience in the senior living, hospitality, real estate, and manufacturing industries. Over the last 30 years, he has been an investor in multiple companies.
He currently is chairman and president of American Senior Living Communities Inc. and its subsidiary companies and is its founder and major stockholder. He is also chairman and president of Premier HealthCare Inc. where he is the primary stockholder. He employs nearly 1000 people in the companies that he has founded.
Mr. Boyer has served and is currently serving on multiple non-profit boards. Cumulatively, service on these various boards amount to more than 100 years. He holds a bachelor’s degree from Andrews University.
- Bachelors in Science from Andrews University.
- Board Member at Washington Adventist University.
J. Russell Butler, PhD, Board of Directors Advisor
Dr. Butler is professor of biology at Adventist University of Health Sciences in Orlando, Florida. He brings rich experience in applying scientific resources to improving health of communities and consumers. He is skilled at bringing scientific perspectives to solving real world problems and is passionate about educating people on how to use science to improve their health.
- PhD in Ecology from Vanderbilt University.
- Florida Academy of Science.
- Tennessee Academy of Science.
Thomas Joos, PhD, Scientific Advisor
Dr. Joos is the head of biochemistry at the Natural and Medical Sciences Institute at the University of Tubingen in Germany. He is a foremost expert in the field of protein arrays.
Richard Yost, PhD, Scientific Advisor
Dr. Yost is the head of analytical chemistry at the University of Florida. He is the inventor of the tandem mass spectrometer; the most widely used form of mass spectrometry.
Denise Kirschner, PhD, Scientific Advisor
Dr. Kirschner is a professor of medicine at the University of Michigan. She is a foremost expert in the field of systems biology and co-editor in chief of the Journal of Theoretical Biology.
Cecil Wiese Product Manger
Cecil Wiese has a ten-year track record as an organizational solution-seeker. He has worked in the area of organizational problem-solving and solution-seeking in the boardrooms of large and small hospitals as well as in multinational corporations.
Mr. Wiese has served since 2013 as a facilitator at the Florida Hospital Innovation Lab, working with hundreds of organizations on design-seeking projects. He continues to work with FHIL on a per diem basis.
He is also a co-owner of Orlando City Combusha, a licensed Kombucha brewery in the Orlando, Florida, area.
He completed his B.A. in philosophy at the University of Central Florida in 2012.