Calvin Wiese, President and Member of the Board of Directors
Calvin Wiese has a proven track record of serially solving large, complex problems that have chronically defied solution, as well as monetizing those solutions to realize outsize returns for investors. His accomplishments span more than 30 years of healthcare senior executive experience.
- CFO of multi-billion dollar hospital system (10 years) – career showcased in the June 1999 cover story of “Healthcare Finance” where Standard & Poors says “impressed with the knowledge of Calvin and his staff…they are just a lot more sophisticated than most…hospital systems.”
- Auditor with Ernst & Whinney, where CPA was earned.
- MBA from Crummer School of Business at Rollins College.
- Consultant with national consulting firm.
- Invented unique form of hospital M&A that quickly swept the industry until halted by a new Medicare rule.
- Founder and CEO of Healthmagic, one of the early ventures pioneering personal health records.
- Co-founder of MED-AI, a venture that developed advanced forms of artificial intelligence for the analysis of medical claims data.
- Lead primary investment in drkoop.com.
- Collaborated with Mayo Clinic in managing $25 million venture capital pool and mentoring start-up ventures.
Mario Torres, Chief Operating Officer
Mario Torres leads the operations. Mr. Torres has rich experience with leading complex projects and operations.
- Senior Program Manager for Hospitals Construction & Activation for the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Senior Consultant for PricewaterhouseCoopers.
- Retired NCO for the U.S. Army during the Kosovo Liberation Campaign, Operation Enduring & Iraqi Freedom.
- Masters in Business Administration Bachelors in Accounting.
Gary Skilton, Vice President, Chief Financial Officer and Board of Directors Advisor
Gary Skilton is a seasoned professional with an established track record at the executive level in the consulting, health care provider, manufacturing, and public accounting industries. He has exceptional talents building and being a strong contributing member of world class performing teams. He is a visionary and creative problem solver with a reputation for being compassionate and intuitive, as well as for being an excellent communicator.
- Treasurer of multibillion dollar hospital system (21 years) where he managed more than $4 billion in assets and more than $3 billion in debt. In this position, he developed and managed innovative tax, debt, and asset management strategies that were widely recognized as setting the bar for health and hospital systems.
- Auditor with KPMG Peat Marwick where CPA was earned.
- Masters in Management (MBA equivalent with emphasis in finance and marketing) from Kellogg School of Business at Northwestern University.
- Developed groundbreaking tax-exempt hospital accounts receivable securitization program that continues to realize about $5 million per year in arbitrage profit.
- Director of tax and accounting of Fortune 1000, publicly-traded, multinational manufacturer of motion control devices.
Bruce Boyer, Chairman of the Board of Directors
Bruce Boyer is a serial entrepreneur with extensive experience in the senior living, hospitality, real estate, and manufacturing industries. Over the last 30 years, he has been an investor in multiple companies.
He currently is chairman and president of American Senior Living Communities Inc. and its subsidiary companies and is its founder and major stockholder. He is also chairman and president of Premier HealthCare Inc. where he is the primary stockholder. He employs nearly 1000 people in the companies that he has founded.
Mr. Boyer has served and is currently serving on multiple non-profit boards. Cumulatively, service on these various boards amount to more than 100 years. He holds a bachelor’s degree from Andrews University.
- Bachelors in Science from Andrews University.
- Board Member at Washington Adventist University.
J. Russell Butler, PhD, Board of Directors Advisor
Dr. Butler is professor of biology at Adventist University of Health Sciences in Orlando, Florida. He brings rich experience in applying scientific resources to improving health of communities and consumers. He is skilled at bringing scientific perspectives to solving real world problems and is passionate about educating people on how to use science to improve their health.
- PhD in Ecology from Vanderbilt University.
- Florida Academy of Science.
- Tennessee Academy of Science.
Thomas Joos, PhD, Scientific Advisor
Dr. Joos is the head of biochemistry at the Natural and Medical Sciences Institute at the University of Tubingen in Germany. He is a foremost expert in the field of protein arrays.
Richard Yost, PhD, Scientific Advisor
Dr. Yost is the head of analytical chemistry at the University of Florida. He is the inventor of the tandem mass spectrometer; the most widely used form of mass spectrometry.
Denise Kirschner, PhD, Scientific Advisor
Dr. Kirschner is professor of medicine at the University of Michigan. She is a foremost expert in the field of systems biology and co-editor in chief of the Journal of Theoretical Biology.